Use this cleaning list to take your refrigerator from filthy to spotless in under 20 minutes.
1. Before you begin to clean refrigerator, unplug it. Use a proper vacuum attachment to dust the back panel and underneath the fridge.
2. Remove all the contents and toss spoiled products into a trash bag.
3. Remove the shelves and bins and soak them in a warm water and liquid dish soap. You could also use a solution of 2 tablespoons of baking soda for every quart of warm water. Scrub with a sponge, rinse, and dry before replacing.
4. Wipe the interior with a multisurface solution or a mix of 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 quart of hot water.
5. Wipe doors, edges, handles with a multisurface solution. You could also use a mixture of mild dishwashing soap and water. For stainless steel surfaces, dampen a microfiber cloth with distilled white vinegar and wipe in the direction of the grain.
Tips for Removing Refrigerator Odors:
- Spread baking soda on a tray inside the fridge.
- Putting a thin sock with dry coffee grounds inside a fridge, as suggested by Good Housekeeping, will do the trick.
- Spread out activated charcoal (available at drugstores or pet shops) on shallow pans, with the fridge temperature set on “low.”