Cleaning, most likely, is not on everyone’s list of fun things to do. But if you make a little effort keeping things in order, you will save a lot of free time for your weekends.
I am sure that you wouldn’t mind having your home ready, any day of the week, for the guests.
I hope that these 9 habits of a clean home will get you hooked!
1. Sweep the floors. A few minutes of sweeping or vacuuming will keep the floors clean. Given the amount of crumbs that get scattered, it’s seems like a good idea.
2. Make the bed. Even if your house is spotless, but your bed is not made, you will have a sense that your house is messy. Do not forget to use bed covers and decorative pillows. They make the room look organized and decorated. (Read: Why I Make My Bed Every Day).
3. Clean horizontal surfaces. If it seems unrealistic to clear off every horizontal surface, clear the main surface in each room. Completely cleaning off the table after every meal makes it a welcoming space for the next meal or whatever other use you need. De-clattering helps to keep your home clean.
4. Always put things back where they belong. You wouldn’t want collecting things all over the place on a weekend. If you see something out of place, pick it up and put it where it belongs.
5. Take out trash. Do not let trash accumulate in you house. Actually, having smaller trash container will encourage you to take it out more often.
6. Do not leave dirty dishes on a counter. It is very simple – put dirty dishes in a washing machine right away. Turn it on before you go to bed. Put clean dishes away next morning.
7. Clean when you see dirt. Of course, you wouldn’t want to run around your house with a cloth all day. But if you see spots on a mirror, clean it right away.
8. Throw away expired food. Every time you open a fridge, take a look if anything needs to be tossed away.
9. Organize your dirty clothes. It’s tempting to throw your clothes on the floor at the end of a long day, but it’s an express ticket to messy-town. Bright, good-looking laundry baskets can add color and style to a room, and if they’re stackable, it’s even better.